Monday, June 20, 2011

I watched him walk away...

I took Reese to his first day of summer camp today. It's just day camp.  But it is the longest stretch of time we have been apart.

Other than the 3 days my Mom stayed with him when he was a toddler so we could take the older kids to Universal Studios, we have not been away from each other for more than a few hours.

This week, he is gone for 7 1/2 hours each day.

I am excited for him to have a blast being a boy outside...shooting bb guns, kyaking, swimming, practicing archery, going on a treasure hunt.

It felt strange packing a lunch and drinks.  What if he is hungry? At home, he can have food any time his tummy needs it. What if he runs out of drinks? I may have packed a tad more than necessary.

It is good that I signed him up for this week. He is 30 minutes away. He is having a blast, I am positive. I am learning to let go a little.

These are all good things!


No comments:

Post a Comment